Cinema didactic for the development of teacher and students sKills
Number Erasmus contract : 2019-1-IT02-KA229-063232_3
Acronym : CINE CIAK
Dates : 01-10-2019/31-03-2021
Narrative cinema is an educational and communicational tool almost essential in today’s school, both as a visual art and as a means to pass and learn through emotions. The cinema narration has a great training value for young generation and succeeds in profoundly affecting the emotional sphere of the youth, training them to decentralize and to develop empathy, stimulating the imagination and knowledge of other worlds, developing divergent thinking. Starting from these premises, the 5 schools were involved in the project:
– Mameli-Magnini – Liceo Artistico Alpinolo Magnini (Deruta – Italy)
– Salvatorelli-Moneta (Marsciano – Italy)
– IES A Pinguela (Lugo – Spain)
– Esprominho (Braga – Portugal)
– IES Axati (Siviglia – Spain)
They intend to use cinema as an educational tool in European schools, carrying out training, discussion and exchange activities among schools, students and teachers, launching a discussion on the topic and activating an eTwinning group that allows all interested parties to find points for reflection and useful tools to create a European community that can collaborate in the development of new projects on the subject of cinema and school education.
The objectives of the CIAK project are:
– to promote the active participation of teachers in the experimentation of teaching through the cinema and audiovisuals use
– to recognize and promote the skills of teachers who will collaborate in identifying, drafting, using materials and tools in the eTwinning group in order to increase the use of this platform
– to encourage the socialization of teachers’ work, in a synchronic and diachronic sense, opening the way to a collaborative relationship with other teachers coming from different European countries and allowing an overall growth of teaching reflection of the audiovisual and cinema subject at school
– to facilitate the participants (teachers and students) in the experimentation of a collaborative school teaching that gives the teacher the role of facilitator in a research where students are considered the protagonists
– to support the planning and definition of the criteria for the dissemination and settlement of educational activities to be carried out through the use of the audiovisuals in the curricular programming of the partner institutions
The total number of students involved will be around 150, 49 of them will do a mobility and approx. 100 students will participate in the activities on site. The total number of teachers involved will be 33, 6 of them will do a mobility, 7 will accompany students and 20 will participate in the activities on site.
Both the teachers and the students involved will participate in the eTwinning group.
The CIAK project plans 4 actions:
1 Short-term exchange of group of pupils, from Italy to Portugal-Braga (21 days / 19 students)
1 Short-term exchange of group of pupils, from Italy to Spain-Lugo (21 days / 15 students)
1 Short-term exchange of group of pupils, from Portugal and Spain to Italy (10 days / 15 students)
1 Short-term joint staff training event of 5 days in Italy which will be attended by 6 teachers coming from Spanish and Portuguese schools and 4 teachers from Italian schools, during which a laboratory will be created in which they will acquire skills related to the use of cinema in traditional teaching and
The methodologies used will be mainly active and will consist in collective exercises, group works, brainstorming, storytelling. Audiovisual products will be produced through laboratory experiences.
The English will be the transmissive language of the project.
– Creation, management and implementation of an eTwinning group on the theme “Cinema and teaching at school”
– N. 4 project works carried out by students of the mobility in different European countries
– N. 2 short films, one made by teachers and one made by students
– Collaborative creation, through the eTwinning platform, of tools and materials useful to the different school disciplines for the audiovisual and cinema implementation in the traditional teaching
BENEFITS AND IMPACT
- Improvement of the educational offer of the schools involved
- Improvement of the quality of teaching
- Enhancement of collaborative practices through eTwinning
- Increase of the learning opportunities for students
- Improvement of the visibility and European participation of the educational institutions
1 . ISTITUTO OMNICOMPRENSIVO MAMELIMAGNINI – LICEO ARTISTICO ALPINOLO
MAGNINI, Italy (coordinator)
Background and Experience
The all-inclusive institute “Mameli-Magnini” is an institute that includes n. 10 schools of n. 4 orders different: Early Childhood School, Primary School, Lower Secondary School and Art School with 1359 total students. In the Art School there are two fields of study: Design – Curvature ceramics and graphics. There are about 180 school employees, 150 of whom are teachers. The motivation that pushes the institution to participate in the project lies in the need for pupils and teachers to expand their own cultural and linguistic horizons; open young generations to new experiences and new worlds for to acquire transversal and citizenship skills in the widest sense of their meaning. It is believed, moreover, that meeting, discussing, facing real problems and discovering new solutions is the best way to increase the cultural and professional skills of young students. The project is consistent with other initiatives carried out by the Institute, including the project “The territories of cinema” born from the desire to promote the knowledge of the language of cinema and audiovisual, considering it as an irreplaceable vehicle for the analysis and knowledge of reality it surrounds us, as well as for the expression of oneself and one’s own experience. (CinemaScuola LAB – Cinema for the School – Projects for and for schools A.S. 2018/2019). Therefore the project, focused on cinematographic language fits perfectly into the art school curriculum and in the projects that are already underway, related to this form of expression. The institute is also engaged for some time in a process of internationalization that has seen in recent years the strengthening of the Citizenship Europe (PON school) and language learning activities foreigners also carried out through the design and provision of training projects extracurricular (PON School). The Art High School is Applicant (with 8 schools in Umbria and Tuscany) of a K1 student mobility project launched in 2018 that is part of the European development strategies of the Institute. The Institute is also realizing a twinning agreement that foresees the realization of cultural exchanges between boys from the schools of the two countries: Deruta and Gzhel. Human resources set up disposition are: head teacher, at least 2 professors of technical professional subjects (Design, graphics, computer science and communication) including teachers with experience and expertise in the culture of cinema and a technician in training on the use of the audiovisual sector. Teachers will also be involved foreign languages and language enhancement and administrative staff. The staff has experience in managing innovative funded projects (winner of the Atelier Creativi e di project PON finalized to the alternation in the regional territory and PON for the strengthening of the competences of base) and new experience that is maturing within the Kay 1 MOB project.
- ISTITUTO OMNICOMPRENSIVO SALVATORELLI-MONETA, MARSCIANO, Italy
Background and Experience
The Comprehensive “L. Salvatorelli – B. Moneta ”193 staff units and 947 students were born in compliance with new organizational and educational trends that have transformed the face of school, the particular location of its offices in the territory gives the institute a peculiarity function of hinge and mediation between the cultural and social needs of the various areas, as well as of the different generational groups of users. An effective understanding of the social dynamics that characterize the catchment area, a realistic representation of the possible interactions between the school and its environmental context represent the unavoidable premises for every educational project and training that wants to be organic. The school considers it important to spread among the new ones generations the idea of the EU in every possible way also through projects that strengthen the values of democracy, peace, solidarity. The Institute’s interest in this project is consistent with the strategies of the internationalization plan specifically concerning the Scientific High School, address directly involved in the project (classes III, IV and V). is recognized as a Cambridge High School International and is therefore part of a global network of schools run by Cambridge Assessment ed implements post-foreign language enhancement actions. Furthermore, as foreseen in the PTOF.
The Institute is engaged in activities aimed at: Promoting the culture of innovation and supporting projects of research and experimentation that the school implements in relation to the productive context, external social and cultural; Strengthen the digital skills of teachers (and students) on use advanced both theoretically and above all at the practical-operational level of the MOODLE environment, work environment recognized as an international standard; Adopt teaching strategies innovative (CLIL methodology, Didactics with EAS, Flipped Learning, …) and diversified, above all in the awareness and respect of the different learning styles of teachers and learners, too through the conscious use of education technologies. The address of the scientific high school provides laboratory activities related to the use of ICT. The Institute has participated together to the Applicant on the following initiatives: “The territories of cinema” together with the Applicant (CinemaScuola LAB – Cinema for the School); Erasmus plus Kay1 MOB. He independently managed PON Projects Work School Alternation (15 high school students will travel to Malta for 3 weeks, between May and June); Stage in London; Cultural exchange with Germany. Human resources involved in the present project are teachers who have a long experience in applying the foreign language thanks on internships abroad or cultural exchanges with European schools, they will be available to continue this commitment also following the latest indications on the Alternating School Work projects.
- EsproMinho-Escola Profissional do Minho, Braga, Portugal
Background and Experience
Esprominho – Escola Profissional do Minho, is a private vocational training school that has initiated its activity in 1999 but which has over 20 years of experience in providing vocational education and training. It provides level II and IV vocational training courses equivalent to the 9th and 12th grade; education and training courses adults with academic equivalence to basic and secondary levels, and finally, training courses and professional development for active people.
EsproMinho is located in the two cities that are district capitals of the Minho Region: Braga and Viana do Castelo. About 800 youth and adults’ trainees are currently attending EsproMinho, spread over the different courses: fashion, Information Technology, tourism, beauty care, hairdressing, business or events management.
EsproMinho’s Educational Project is based on values such as professionalism, rigor, knowledge, entrepreneurship and leadership.
Nowadays the pedagogical practice is reinforced and the success of about 85% of graduates who enter the school and later enter labour market can be explained by the following factors:
- Highly qualified and motivated students;
- Training that perfectly meets with the business needs;
- Educational project based on the professional reality and concept of business;
- The school is organized as a business;
- Highlight of formal and non-formal education;
5.1 A strong socio-cultural training, which reinforces the concept of active citizenship and in accordance with the structuring values of democracy and freedom. These are achieved through environmental education, education for health and social education. Such educational dynamics are implemented through different tools such as:
- a) Open training / information sessions, developed by technicians and professionals from society and companies that regularly visit the school with the goal of sharing their knowledge and experiences;
- b) field trips and exchanges that allow trainees to meet business and social realities, so important to their development in these areas. Particularly in the case of national and international exchanges, cultural and social development is achieved through contact with other cultures, the interaction with other individuals of different culture and language etc. From the professional point of view, international initiatives are also developed which allow trainees to get internships in EU companies, contributing decisively to contact with other business, organization and procedures realities;
- c) participation and entrepreneurship promotion dynamics: the organization and implementation of formal and non-formal activities by the trainees; the Council of Delegates – a consultative body of the Educational Directorate, where delegates elected by the class present and represent the claims and suggestions from peers in order to allow the educative project’s configuration regarding the reality of the trainees, among others, necessities and expectations.
5.2 adequate scientific and technical training regarding the business reality of the region:
- a) training by certified, competent and motivated professionals, and with their own business experience regarding technical, technological and practical training. This allows trainers to know exactly what the “market” expects of the learners and so can tailor their training for that level of know-how and demand;
- b) training in a simulated work context, carried out in school, reinforcing the technical, technological and practical training, bringing scientific rigor of the training level of the practical tasks required of trainees;
- c) training in a real work context, or work placement, which consists of training developed in companies where trainees are placed to perform the tasks that are required in terms of its referential training and employment.
- consolidation of the educational project reaches full potential through two other realities which we consider to be indispensable to the process:
- a) excellent physical and instrumental conditions. The school is based on the infrastructures that are appropriate for training and is equipped with all the resources needed to its dynamics;
- b) continued educational orientation. This allows for the monitoring of the students in a training context and the accompaniment of the student whenever they are learning, integration, entry into the labour market or continuation with studies difficulties. In the case of students with learning difficulties, the richness of the project is rooted in the diversity of pedagogical strategies that can be moulded in the image of the student, allowing for the resolution of these problems. For this same purpose there’s the contribution of the study room and complement training where students can be integrated to complement their training and resolve their learning problems.
- INSTITUTO DE ENSEÑANZA SECUNDARIA A PINGUELA, Monforte de Lemos, Spain
Background and Experience
IES A Pinguela is a high school offering, in addition to E.S.O. and the bachelors of humanist social sciences and of natural-health sciences, training cycles for professional families of administration, personal image and information technology and communication; as well as a program FP basic of administrative services. In the field of medium level vocational training, offers the half cycle of hair and hair products and the average cycle of beauty and beauty of the family professional personal image; the average cycle of administrative management, of the family professional administration and half cycle of microcomputer systems and networks, of the family IT and communication professional. In the current course 2017-2018, the IES A Pinguela adds a total of 419 students. With a faculty of 63 teachers, the IES A Pinguela reflects in his organizational culture continuous improvement to offer innovative and quality teaching; be in possession of the UNE-EN ISO 9001-2000 certificate (ER0694 / 07) from 25 May 2007.
Updated to the UNE-EN ISO 9001-2008 standard on 30 April 201O. This year is being completed the transition to the UNE-EN ISO 9001-2015 standard. This certification helps to achieve the success of our students, which allows them to have better prospects in the realization of new studies or access to the labor market. In the ideology of the center’s quality policy, there is the participation, through European programs; in integration activities in European culture for develop interest in the countries of our environment and promote the usefulness of learning languages; towards the goal of increasing European social cohesion and active citizenship. People key involved in the project will be: – José Enrique Sampil Sánchez, School Director – Vanesa Méndez López, English language teacher – Elisa Ferreiro Álvarez, technology teacher Nel field of mobility of students of practical vocational training, IES Una Pinguela was promote and manage projects continuously from 2004-2005 year, with the funding of Leonardo da Vinci programs – phase 11 and Erasmus + KA1 and Leonardo da Vinci of the Program of lifelong learning and with the co-financing of the Ministry of Education and the Department of Education of the Xunta de Galicia. In total, 58 mobility was managed, with a cumulative total of stays of just over 140 months in the Czech Republic, United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, France and Portugal. The mobility projects presented in the Leonardo program da Vinci phase II in 2006 and 2007 were finalists in the “Awards for quality in mobility of the Leonardo National Agency. Although the school has had, over time, teachers who have eTwinning is adhered to for exchanges and training, there are no projects or activities carried out in continuous manner
- INSTITUTO DE EDUCACIÓN SECUNDARIA AXATI, Lora del Rio, Spain
IES Axati is a secondary education institution belonging to the Ministry of Education of the Junta de Andalucía. In our center the following teachings are taught: Education secondary school leaving certificate, middle and high level training cycles belonging to families administration, IT and electricity-electronics professionals. The IES Axati participation in the realization of Leonardo Da Vinci, Erasmus and, subsequently, Erasmus + projects from 2011. I our students have developed their training in work centers in other countries of the community European. He also participated in Erasmus + KA3. Key people involved in the actions projects will be: – Ildefonso Salado Hidalgo, School Director – Juan Carlos García Gómez, Lecturer in the electronics department In addition, additional professors will be involved in the project they will take care of: training to become an eTwinner and to be able to manage activities correctly collaborative online; accompanying students during exchanges abroad; participate in the activities formative in Italy.