The project “Let’s salvage from oblivion” will be implemented by four partner countries: Poland, Portugal and Bulgaria and will last 24 months.
Teachers from the partner schools met in the eTwinning platform and after many conversations have concluded that they face similar problems: a decline in interest in the cultural heritage of their own country and Europe – school folk groups, traditional, regional dishes, heritage objects are becoming forgotten. The partners conducted surveys at schools and finally came into conclusion that in such an important topic as the protection of cultural heritage one cannot be indifferent. They proceeded to write the Erasmus + application and the project have been granted.The project will be attended by students and teachers from partner countries.
The coordinator will be the Polish school and the partners will support it.
The partners have defined the achievement of the following objectives:
– arousing respect for the cultural heritage of its own region and appreciating the value of European cultural heritage
– developing citizenship and a sense of European identity based on common values, history and culture
– promoting folklore and cultivating old traditions and folk crafts
– creating the culinary traditions of EU countries
– acquiring practical skills of folk dances of EU countries
– recognition of cultural heritage objects under UNESCO protection thanks to mobilities to partner countries
– supporting the recognition of European linguistic diversity and the awareness of the importance of learning European languages
– supporting the acquisition of language skills – innovative approach to learning foreign languages (CLIL and tandem method) and IT competences
– extension of gastronomic competences
– supporting students in enriching their skills regardless of their ability and willingness
To achieve the objectives, we plan the following activities:
– organizing meetings with interesting people arranged by all partners in their regions in order to cultivate and restore culinary traditions, to gather recipes and place them in the book “Regional tastes”.
– organizing short-term exchanges of groups of students in order to acquire key skills and competences, such as learning foreign languages and preparing for the European festival of tradition, culture and national rites planned in Poland,
– short training programs for teachers to develop the program of activities in the field of European cultural heritage
– implementing projects in the eTwinning platform together with peers and teachers from partner schools
– organizing of multi-generational meetings and talks in all partner schools (grandparents, parents, grandchildren, etc.) on various topics: cooperative cooking of randomly selected dishes from the partner country, common dance of the partner country, finding and presenting the five most important objects covered by the special UNESCO protection
– placing photos in the eTwinning platform (historical places worth seeing in the partners’ regions),
– implementation of the pedagogical innovation “Let’s salvage from oblivion” including physical education, geography, gastronomic technology and history (with the use of tandem method), incorporated in the schools’ curriculums – teaching English with the use of CLIL method
– comparing the results of the monthly analysis of the project course with its assumptions in the scope of set goals,
– six-monthly evaluation of the project,
– conducting evaluation of selected issues upon completion of activities (especially local activities in individual partner countries related to learning, teaching, training and projects implemented throughthe eTwinning platform).
Due to the implementation of this project will benefit not only direct participants, but also students, school teachers as well as the socio-economic environment of partner schools.
Gaining the competences of cherishing the European cultural heritage and implementing pedagogical innovation will be widely used after the end of the project as effective tools in protecting heritage, combating barriers, restrictions and prejudices or increasing social inclusion.